- Responsive Booking engine: The booking engine should have responsive design, applicable and comfortable to use on any device. So, whether your guests are using computer, tablets or their smartphones to book with you; the system should offer flawless booking experience.
- Personalization: It should be adaptable to your hotel’s profile and standards. It should give you complete freedom to set the look and feel of the booking flow as per your hotel website’s theme.
- Appealing widgets: Bright, simple and easy to use buttons are a necessary addition to your booking engine. with actionable words work best for turning your visitors into bookers (like Book Now, Make a booking). The booking engine should be able to set up several new widgets on your website and increase your bookings.
- Access Anytime: Use of the reservation system should be at complete ease, giving you convenience to access it from anywhere at anytime. With a hotel reservation system, all you need is a computer/mobile handset and a stable Internet connection, making it easy for you and your staff to supervise direct bookings on the go.
- Apt for chain properties: If you have multiple properties, it becomes a difficult task to keep an eye on bookings of every property. Whether you have a stand-alone hotel or a chain of hotels across multiple locations, the hotel booking engine should let your bookings from a single place.
- Guest Engagement: Along with handling bookings, the booking engine should be able to send on pre-arrival, during stay and post-departure of the guests along with timely promotional emails to increase repeat guests.
- Payment processing: Payment processing is an integral part of your hotel’s booking procedure. The hotel booking engine should be capable of handling payments, but should also allow you to choose how to offer deals based on payment methods.
- Upsell other services: With the booking engine, you should be able to upsell your extra services along with accommodation, thus giving you a chance to .
- Secure: While talking about payments, you need to ensure that your guests’ data remains safe from security breaches. Thus, the booking engine should be secure, preferably with
- Multi-currency and language support: Most of you want to appeal to a global audience, so it is important to have a booking engine that can be displayed in other languages and also accommodates different currencies. After all, you will most likely be catering to travelers, and you want to make it easy for them to learn more about your offerings and lock in a booking.
- Reports and Stats: Look for a hotel booking engine that offers you a diverse set of reports from bookings, occupancy, revenue, month-on-month bookings, year-over-year stats and more so that you can strategize your business decisions and improve operational efficiency.
In a nutshell, a hotel booking engine will let you be available 24X7 for reservations, unlike walk-ins or manual management of bookings.
In conclusion, to stand out of the competition, you need to opt for the right and durable technology. There are many options available for you but the key to the right selection is understanding your own needs clearly. The purpose of any good online booking engine is to allow your guests to book with you easily.